• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Vitamins

I have been taking several vitamins to get ready for this surgery, along with exercise and eating right. When I went to the surgeon for pre op they wanted me to stop all vitamins until after surgery except for what they gave me because I am one week away.
The vitamin they gave me is: VitaMedica
It has:
500mg Bromelian and 500mg Quercetin. This I am to start taking 3 days before my surgery.
2 capsules 3 times a day for (7-10 days) This is for bruising and swelling.
Arnica Montana 30x. This I am to take following the surgery until the bruising and swelling subsides (7-14 days) 3 tablets 3 times a day.
Hope this helps you all. : )

5 comments:

  1. I wish my surgeon would have given me something like this. The Arnica Montana 30x seems perfect for what you're about to do. I wonder if it's too late to start taking vitamins for the swelling? I'll have to ask my surgeon tomorrow.

    Your surgery is fixing to come up. I know you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Arnica for my regular bruises as a cream. It's amazing! Need to get some before Wednesday... The rate I bruise at I'm gonna need a whole bucketful I reckon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rita,
    Is the VitaMedica a prescription?

    How are you supposed to take the capsules and tablets once you have surgery? Can you crush them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Thank you very much for sharing this. Very cool that your surgeon is into the vitamin approach...often feels like it merely deems an "if it makes you feel better..." attitude from the medical profession. Will be looking this up post-haste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VitaMedica is not prescription. I bought it from the office for $60.00. You can open the capsules and add them to water after the surgery and the tablets just melt in your mouth. This is what they told me. I will find out for sure next week. The taste may not be so great with the capsules... I will let you guys know after Tuesday. I think I will have a couple of nights in the hospital. Let's just hope it works!! : )

    ReplyDelete