• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 7



Today has been better. I had nausea one time today and took Phenadoz 25mg for it. It made me sleep and then I felt bad after that. I told my daughter I am only taking that med or any other only if I am dying. Sometimes I think the meds make it worst. I was able to take a bath and wash my hair in the tub. I have been too weak for this before today. I have drank fresh juice from 4 apples and 1 carrot today. That did stay down. Tonight my husband helped me clean my teeth. That was gross and it hurt. I could not get all the gunk out of the "plastic thing", I hope it is not rotting my teeth. It was hard to get the bands back on. Also, I drank from a cup today. That helped me get more in.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I think I told you all earlier, but I also had sinus surgery and tomorrow is the day I go and have the bandages taking off and the tubes taking out of my nose. The doctor said it was a very painful thing and he cannot use pain blockers there, so he gave me Diazepam Solution 5MG to take 30 minutes before I get to his office. (my surgeons office is 1 1/2 hours from my home).

The doctor did say the anesthesia was still coming out of my body and that may be part of the nausea. I will be glad when it does come out.

I am feeling better about pictures, so maybe soon. : )

Thanks again for all your kind words and help you have offered. I do take it to heart.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not one to take medicine, but this time around I did. I would even take it when it wasn't too bad just so it wouldn't reach an even worse point (of pain). The first week I took meds round the clock, but by that second week, i would try to just do it in the evening. By day 10 I was on my own with the girls and needed to be functional.

    As for the brushing of the teeth, that really worried me too. I guess I never thought the inside of my mouth would be so swollen or that I would have so much numbness on my gums. I was able to use my water pik after the stitches dissolved and that really makes me feel like I have a cleaner mouth.

    At week 6 (now), I can feel my bottom teeth, but not my top (although one tooth seems to be starting to have feeling). It's been frustrating to get more feeling back on one side of my face and not the other.

    One thing no one told me about getting back sensations in my mouth ... it can feel tingly one minute and shooting electrical pulses the next.

    I can go on and on ...

    I hope you feel better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, good luck tomorrow. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for getting the tubes and bandages out today~ Hope it will go smoothly and help you feel better to have that much taken out of your face. Holy cats you had a lot done at one go!

    Do you have a mouth rinse from the Surgeon to help with that "nasty mouth" feeling?

    It is true, some folks swear that as soon as they were done with all the meds, they started to feel better. I think it's harder on some tummies than others.

    Thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete