• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 12



Hello everyone. Just a note to let you know I am doing much better. I had my best meal today. I went to my mother-in-laws today for lunch. She had lots of foods but I had potatoes with gravy blended with milk and then strawberry ice cream with apple and cherry pie filling blended together. It was great. The best meal I have had so far. Maybe this blender diet is not so bad, although I would love a big cheeseburger. : ) I go to the surgeon tomorrow. Hopefully everything is going well. My only complaint now is my face... it still feels like I have walked through a fire. It is very sensitive to touch. I hope this does not last too much longer. I have been holding ice packs to it, it does help. Any tips to help???? Blessings to you all.

5 comments:

  1. The 'pie' & ice cream sounds delish! Just you wait, you'll be eating that cheeseburger before you know it~ even if it has to be cut up into little bites first ;)

    Fire-face does NOT sounds like fun, but it really is a good sign (even though it might not feel like it). Those nerves are waking up like crazy and can only bring good things like feeling and more movement.

    Will hope this stage passes in a hurry! Alternating ice/ heat if it brings you relief is all I can think of, and that's what you're doing. Hopefully someone who's gone through this can chime in on what helped for them....

    So good to hear that those good days are growing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita, I am so glad to hear you're feeling better! The tingling will pass, I don't know whether heat packs would be better at this stage - I read that somewhere I think, about putting rice in a sock in a microwave and using those, but I don't know whether it would help. Just make sure you don't burn yourself!

    I hope the surgeon loosens you up a little - when you go onto mash its the best feeling in the world!! Big hugs!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rita,

    Thanks for the comment. My swelling went down in about two weeks, but I had been going for lymph drainage massage to help get the swelling down. I suggest you look into it - it works like magic and you will notice a huge difference after just one treatment. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can use a big mashed-gravy shake right about now...

    Glad to see that you're improving...by 'sensitive', do you mean 'painful'?

    ReplyDelete
  5. funkyrhodes, I do mean sensitive like walking through a fire (like sunburn, but my face is not red) and painful to the touch. My nurse said it could be from the swelling or from being under the surgical lights so long (10 hours). I hope it gets better soon.

    V - I have been using the rice in the sock idea. I am still alternating the ice and heat. They told me the ice is now prolonging the swelling, so I should use heat. Ice still feels better.

    Bella - How do I find out about lymph drainage? I have never heard of this??? Thanks for the tip.

    Kate - Thanks for the encouragement! I so appreciate it. : )

    ReplyDelete