• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day Two


Today is my second day post surgery. I am still in the hospital, probably going home in the morning. I am in a good amount of pain. They have bee alternating Morphine and Loratab.

I seems the doctor ran in the more problems than expected, so my surgery went from 4 t0 5 hours to 8 hours. He had to shave some of my bone down in upper jaw and file some of my teeth. I will be talking to him more tomorrow, so I will get details on what he had to do.

I got sick twice last night and threw up about a pint of blood. It was not fun, but I felt better afterwards.

I have a good bit of swelling but it is going down. I have had draining from my nose that is blood mixed. I have been on oxygen sense surgery and wrapped in ice.

Sorry this has not been a fun post. I hope you are all doing well.

8 comments:

  1. Awwww, you poor thing. I'm sorry the surgery didn't go as smoothly as planned. I hope you have a better night tonight.
    **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Rita! I had similar problems getting sick and throwing up blood, too - definitely not fun. Once you return home you'll be a lot more comfortable. Try to get some sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you made it to the other side! I can't imagine what you're going through...I hope you'll be home soon.

    Here's a little virtual hypnosis: You're getting sleepy....sleep now....you will sleeZZZZZZZZZZZ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering why the doctors don't insert an NG tube to decompress the stomach and suction out all the blood and stuff so the patients don't get sick. And if they don't do that, why aren't they giving you enough antiemetics that you don't get sick? My biggest fear is getting sick to my stomach after surgery. I hope you're resting better tonight and the pain medication is keeping the pain under control.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully this morning found you feeling a bit better and looking forward to going home, There's nothing like being back in your own 'bed' :)

    8 hours is a long haul! No wonder you're feeling wiped! The waiting is behind you~ strength for the coming days and get as much rest as you can ~ Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! You made it!!!! You are going to see so much improvement over the next few days... hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no ... you poor thing.
    I guess the surgery part is over and you just have to take each minute by minute. It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you had such a hard time at the hospital. Hang in there! The worse part is over.

    ReplyDelete