• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day Five & Six

Day five is a blur. I tried to eat on the evening of day four and by morning of day five I was throwing up everything, including stomach acids. It hurt really bad. I thought I was going to die, and almost wished I would. It was terrible. My mother-in-law, who is also a nurse, came over and helped me. She used phenadoz 25mg that the doctor prescribed to stop the nausea and vomiting. It worked but I was so weak and dizzy. I am still having a lot of draining.

Today is day six. I have been weak and dizzy still but managed to keep some Jello down. I have been drinking Smart water and Gatorade. I have not been vomiting today. Hopefully that is over. I have not had a lot of pain medicine today, but my head and upper jaw is hurting. I appreciate you all. I will post again tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I am completely in the same position hun, didn't throw up until yesterday and it was hideous. I can't keep anything down and just thinking about taking meds/trying to drink anything is making me retch. I've been trying to drink water and was worried that I'm just abnormal for being so sick so late after surgery but guess not! Right there with you Rita. Hang in there - once the antibiotics are finished and the first week is over I'm sure you'll be able to keep things down more! Big love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Rita! Jello is great idea...I'm going to get some myself. Have you been craving "real" food yet? I'm hoping this period of your recovery will pass soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking the anti-emetic suppositories funkyrhodes got are a good idea. I just might ask for some of those. I'm feeling so bad for you and V. Throwing up is the worst, especially when your mouth is banded shut. I hope things turn around for the better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry that you had to deal with so much nausea. I'm starting to think that I was pretty lucky in that dept. I wonder if it had anything to do with your surgery being so much longer?????

    I hope you can start to get some nourishment in.

    ReplyDelete