• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 8 A Better Day

Wow, momto5minnies, 6 weeks is here for you. That is great. I am glad you told me about the tooth sensations. I haven't thought about that. I did better with the brushing this morning...thank goodness. : ) Funny at age 41 I am learning to brush my teeth. lol

I did go to the surgeon this morning. He took out the tubes out of my nose and it hurt so bad I sat there and cried. He didn't let up for a second. My daughter said they were very long. He took out some stitches and I thought it was over, but no... he then pushed my lower right jaw toward the center and I almost came off the chair. It really hurt. By then he changed the direction of the bands and it was over. I was so happy, but went straight to my ice pack.

When we left his office my husband who loves the Bass Pro Shop wanted to go to the mall. My daughter was hungry so we ended up at the Olive Garden. I ordered the soup and tried to eat with a spoon but it didn't work, so my husband went to the truck and got my syringe out. Yes, I sat in the Olive Garden and ate soup broth through a syringe. We were in a booth so I don't think many people noticed.

We then went to the mall. It helped me a lot to get out of the house. This was my first day out. My daughter and I left my husband in the Bass Pro Shop and we walked the mall. Well kind of walked the mall. We walked, then sat for awhile and then did it again. I do think it build up my energy. We did go into the Build A Bear Workshop. I made a beautiful pink bear with pink flowers on it. My daughter who is into the arts made a turtle, named it Lancelot and put a Romeo outfit on it. lol We did have fun. I would have to say, this has been my best day yet. I hope to see many more. : )

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, not a very pleasant sounding start to the day~ at least that's behind you, OUCH!~ but sure sounds like it ended well. You gets to keep Lancelot? He can be your get-well turtle. Bet nobody else has one of those,lol :)

    So happy you you had such a good day, here's hoping it was the turning point you needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! I am going to post a picture of him. He is so cute. I think I am going to post some of me too... "shudder"

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH!! OUCH!! About the sinus stuff. So glad it's over - maybe now you're on the up and up! Hopefully every day gets better, at least for a while. You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita, I wanted to ask you a question about your sinus surgery (I know it was a while ago at this point). I am having lower jaw surgery and genioplasty and now the only thing I have to decide about is having surgery on my nose to widen the nasal passages and correct my deviated septum. My doctor told me I would have packing up my nose for 4 days and would not be able to breathe thru my nose at all. That makes me nervous that I will feel like I am suffocating. Did you feel that way? Although you said something about having tubes in your nose, right? Then he told me it would be very uncomfortable when he pulled out the packing. He said not painful, uncomfortable. I want to do it so bad (b/c I have a lot of trouble breathing thru my nose) but I am so scared of feeling like I am suffocating afterward. Also, your experience with them coming out sounded like horrible pain. But, I am thinking that maybe the "tubes" were worse than just packing/cotton would be. Any info you could give me would be helpful and let me know if you still think it was all worth it. Thanks!! Oh, and you look great by the way! -- Kelly

    ReplyDelete