• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 29...The Healing Continues (includes todays photo)


Today was a pretty good day with the surgeon. I am not sure if I mentioned the knots in my face, but they are in the places where "what else" more bone grafting. I have no idea what I am going to look like after the swelling goes down.??.

He did say everything looks good and my splint is coming off next week. : ) After the splint comes off I must rush to the orthodontist office and have my wire replaced.
(The surgeon cut it when he split my palate)

He said my infection looks better but I am to stay on the antibiotics for at least 10 more days. I guess I am okay with that except I am still swollen and it is very hard to swallow the pills.

I am still not allowed to chew, so blended diet it is. Maybe next week I can start soft foods when the splint comes off.

Here is a picture taken today outside my surgeons office. I will post another one when I am more comfortable smiling with my teeth showing. My smile is still pretty funny looking. LOL

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still look so young! Weird - knots? Really? Sounds really painful. Yay for the splint coming off next week! Your swelling is much less than in your last picture - hopefully it will continue to decrease rapidly. Thinking of you! (PS. Last comment was me, on an old account that is still used for my darned gmail email.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing to go through the various blogs and see all the wonderful tranformations that has happend due to jawsurgery.

    You seem to be on the fast road to recovery. Your swelling seems to have completely disappeared, and your face looks great.

    Have you lost a lot of weight after your surgery? I have already started to loose weight, and my surgery isn't until august. So I am a bit worried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rita, despite what you're going through, you look great! Maybe it's because I don't you know well, but your smile doesn't look funny to me. Do you know when you'll need to see the dentist? I know for me, I need to get dental work done, but I'm waiting until after the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Stephanie, I have been battling with the painful knots today especially in my lower left jaw. He said it would go away but would take a little longer due to he did so much work there. Thanks for the "young" comment. I appreciate it.

    Anya, I have lost 12 pounds, mostly during the first two weeks. I am now gaining it back though. My diet is still blended, but you can pack on a lot of calories if your not careful. I will be glad when the swelling does go away. My face is still tight.

    Funkyrhodes, I think I am going to like my new look when I get used to it. I don't show my teeth when I smile right now because when I do, the swelling in my upper jaws looks "just weird". When I am laughing and look in the mirror, I don't recognize myself. lol I will be seeing my orthodontist to have a wire put in to keep my palate open on Tuesday and the next week I will see my dentist. Hopefully that will go well. : )

    Thanks everyone. : )

    ReplyDelete