• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Today starts the 6 week mark





I went to the surgeons office today. He took out the splint and took off the bands... yayyyyy!!! I am so glad they are gone. He said everything looks good and I can start chewing now. (I tried a cheeseburger but the meat was too tough, so I ate the bread. It was good.) After leaving the surgeons office, I went to the orthodontist and had the top wire replaced. I go to the dentist tomorrow to have the front tooth checked. I sure hope it doesn't need a root canal. I posted pictures with my first smile for you guys. I am getting there. Again, to you who are contiplating surgery, it seems to be worth it. : ) To you, Aimee... I promise it does get better. Blessings to you all.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Rita, I am so jealous!! I want FOOD. :) You look amazing. I'm so happy for you that you got the splint out and I am really hoping you don't need a root canal. Thank you for all of your encouraging words!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can only imagine your relief after getting the splint out!! yay for food and chewing with your new bite!!! your smile looks great =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture progression ~ Mmm mmm good! Splint and bands gone in one shot? Definitely worth that smile. It was a GREAT day :)

    Will be thinking and praying for you at your dentist visit tomorrow and hoping for the best. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't the first bite of food amazing? I'm so glad the splint is out and you can eat!! You're looking great:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rita, I was just wondering if it felt weird to chew with your new bite? Did it feel natural?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody. It had been neat!
    Aimee, chewing doesn't hurt but it is strange. My jaws got a little tired, but for the most part, it was good. Right now, only my front teeth touch so the orthodontist is going to have to work with aligning my teeth, which means I can only chew with my front teeth. They said to stick to soft foods for a couple of weeks then work gradually into other foods. It is better than I thought it would be. I am having oj for breakfast and thought about packing soup for lunch (old are habits hard to break...lol). Maybe I will try to eat today and give you an update tonight. Bless ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! I really hope you do not need the root canal.

    Thankfully when I went to the orthodontist yesterday he did not change out my wires. I may actually not need another new wire since I have a stainless one in. They did put a powerchain on so my teeth are a little sore today.

    ReplyDelete