• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Monday, March 23, 2009

Surgical Hooks

Today was my last visit to the orthodontist until after surgery. He put the surgical hooks on for the bands. The worst part was holding my mouth open so long. My jaws got very tired. I was so glad when it was over. Now I am getting used to the little hooks everywhere. I will probable use the wax tonight. : )

The hardest part right now is not the braces or the hooks, it is finishing my algebra class early. Has anyone ever tried to "cram" algebra. Wow, who knew it would be so time consuming. I think I am eating and sleeping algebra. : / I was hoping to take the finals this week, but it may be next week. That will be okay, at least the instructor is working with me to complete this course early. I am happy about that. I am not sure about my History class yet. It is online, so if I do have to work on it post surgery I will not have to go to class. Well enough whining. I will post updates next week. Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. WOW, you are one busy woman! I did homeschooling for a little bit (I may do it again next year for 2 of my girls).
    I got my hooks taken off last week ... YAY! The hardest thing about braces for me is that they really irritate my inner mouth/lip area. My lower inside lip looks chewed up. I finally asked for this plastic cover that covers my brackets and I wear it at night to help heal the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urgh. I've literally had mine put on a few hours ago. They suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rita,

    I asked this question of V also. I just realized I have a cleaning appointment scheduled the day after I get my surgical hooks put on. Do you think this is realistic? I'm debating if I should cancel the appointment. Thanks! :)
    And congrats..you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee, I think you could keep that appointment. You probably will want a good cleaning before the surgery because it will be awhile before you will have another one, and I hear after surgery, you wish you could have one. My hooks are not terrible. Food gets caught in them a little more than before and I have to have wax on the bottom, but other than that, I am doing okay with them. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and V both said the same thing, so I think I will keep the appointment. I had a cleaning a couple of weeks ago, but I thought it would be nice to get one right before surgery. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Algebra seems like it would be a hoot to cram....haha :) Trust this was successful and you've been able to scratch this off your list of things to-do before your big day.

    Hope the surgical hools aren't giving you too much grief and will be rooting for you on the 7th and following your recovery~ All the best!

    ReplyDelete