• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

9 Weeks Post Op Dentist and Surgeon Appointments and UPDATE




For an update I am happy to report.... I do not have to have a root canal. Yayyyyyy. : ) The dentist took another x-ray and said the tooth looks good. It was just stressed from the surgery.

On to my jaw. I have had a bone grinding sound in my right jaw for about two weeks. It is more than the clicking sound before surgery, this is a pain that brings tears to my eyes. I called the surgeon when it first happened and he said my teeth are still not lined up properly so that may be the problem. It started getting worse as in happening every time I ate, so today is my regular visit with the surgeon.

Another thing of concern is that my mouth doesn't open but 2 fingers and at 9 weeks is that okay? So on to the surgeon's office.

UPDATE to the update.....
I went to the surgeon and he said the pain and grinding in my right jaw was some relapse. He said he had to move my bottom jaw forward so much that it now has settled some. He is hopeful that the orthodontist can adjust to fix the problem. If not, then I will have to go back into surgery. I am to see the orthodontist two times before going back to the surgeon. He said that would give my teeth some time to adjust and then he could make a decision regarding surgery.

He said I could start stretching my mouth some each day to widen it. He was not concerned about the 2 finger opening thus far. He said to just exercise it daily.

Hope you are all doing well. Blessings!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Rita, so sorry to hear about the pain you've been having. I hope the surgeon can let you know more. I had a lot of pain last night that almost brought me to tears. Things are just waking up I guess. I took some Advil and it helped. I can open about two fingers right now. I'm not sure what's normal and what's not. And I am SOO happy you don't need a root canal!! What a relief!!! I love your new pictures. You look so great. Let us know how the appointment goes with the surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, you look lovely! I hope you get a good report from your surgeon. Hopefully they can see what is going on and that it can be fixed easily and in a painless way! I'm so happy to hear that you don't have to get a root canal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Happy Day!!! So wonderful to hear the root canals won't be neccessary!

    Wow, how are you feeling about that news from the OS? Best to wait & see how the Orthodondics go..~ will be praying this gets everything lined up where it needs to be nice and perfect, and that whispers of more surgery dry up and blow right out the window, just like the root canal did :)

    Glad to hear the reassurance about mouth opening, there's such a wide spread in recommendations on this subject it's unreal, but 2 fingers at 2 months sounds reasonable to me... give it another month and maybe there will be no burger-smooshing needed before devouring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great!! So glad to hear you don't need that root canal, will be keeping my fingers crossed regarding the update to your update :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita,

    Thanks for your comment on my page. I think your pictures look beautiful! And I'm happy to hear you don't need a root canal. I'm praying for you on the surgery part. Hopefully it will just correct itself. Keep us posted. Bless you!
    ~Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. This is a long road for all of us and I personally think we are doing great!!!! It is so good to hear from you all. Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep you informed of changes. Blessings to you all. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are looking fabulous! So glad to hear that you will NOT need that root canal. I really can't open my mouth much wider than that 2 fingers width. AT the 2 month mark, I know it was less. Chewing food and some exercising does help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My gosh your looking so fantastic Rita!!!! Good news about the root canal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rita, Thank you for your sweet comment today. I've been praying for you that you won't need a second surgery, and I'll keep it up. :) Blessings to you too!

    ReplyDelete