• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Friday, February 6, 2009

I Need What?

Ok...here is the skinny on me. I inquired about jaw surgery two years ago at my dentist request. He had concerns about my pallet being too narrow. I have always noticed this in my eating and breathing, but had no idea there was surgery for it. I called my childhood orthodontist for an appointment. He checked my mouth and told me the same thing. He said I needed braces first to line up the teeth. I waited about a year before getting the braces just because I wasn't sure I wanted to embark on this adventure. After the year, my son needed braces so I thought, lets just get them together. It will be fun..."ya think". Sooooo I got the braces. My teeth hurt even today. Got the braces in October and now I have a power chain on the bottom. I go back March 4th for the top power chain. My insurance company is saying the surgery needs to be complete by May 2nd. I am not sure this is possible. I will be informed by the orthodontist soon. After two years I am ready to get this over with. I have had three surgeons to look at my mouth. The first surgeon I went to said he agreed with my dentist...but I really didn't like him so I went to Charlotte at my orthodontist's advice. I like this doctor so he is going to do the surgery. I did inquire with a local orthognathic surgeon, he stated my condition was too advanced for him and he suggested I stay with the doctor in Charlotte NC. I will post before pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment