• School Counselor - My life is still moving forward. An update would include my decision to move from family counseling to school counseling. To do this I have added a Maste...
    9 years ago

Friday, April 9, 2010

One Year Update


Wow, time flies! This week marks ONE YEAR since jaw surgery. I went to the orthodontist and he is moving my teeth all kinds of ways. After surgery I had a relapse in my upper left jaw causing a cross-bite and an under-bite. My orthodontist is working on the under-bite now. He is moving my teeth in ways that make them look like the hillbilly teeth you find in a dollar store. It is not a pretty site, to say the least. I have a big space on the left top and a very short front tooth. They said it would be awhile before they could close the space, so "gappy" I am. I am posting a profile shot tonight. That is something I would have never done before surgery. LOL. I am happy with the results and I am glad I went through with the surgery. All is well. : )

5 comments:

  1. You look GORGEOUS! :) I am sorry you are having to go through such a big shift with your braces, but when you get them off and you teeth are perfectly straight it will be worth it! :)

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, you're looking so great! Are the TAD's still in? And how are they? Any guesses on when you'll be out of the braces?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meredith,
    Yes I still have the TAD's and I have no idea about the braces. I am scared to ask again. haha The last time I ask, he said, "hmmmm not sure, may be awhile." I guess that means another year. I will be glad when they are gone. Thanks for asking!

    Hey Makay,
    Nice to meet you. I love your blog! I decorated mine after seeing yours! LOL Thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it!

    Hope you both are doing well. Thanks for stopping by! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita,

    I just had a double jaw surgery like you 9 days ago.

    You had a relapse? Could you enlighten me on how that happened? I am terrified of getting a relapse.

    If I get a relapse and I need to get more surgery to fix my jaws, that would devastate me.

    Anyway, congrats on a successful surgery!

    If you're interested, you may follow my recovery process at my blog, Vince's Maxillofacial Surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is truly awesome in all aspects.
    Orthodontist Tucson

    ReplyDelete